Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Remove the nospam. from the email address
Professor Ian Christie has long been the academic voice of the work being done on the films of Powell & Pressburger.
- Powell, Pressburger and Others (BFI, 1978)
- Arrows of Desire: the films of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, 2nd edn (Faber, 1994; first edition, 1985)
- The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (Faber, 1994)
- A Matter of Life and Death (BFI, 2000)
- The Cinema of Michael Powell: International Perspectives on an English Filmmaker (edited by Ian Christie and Andrew Moor, 2005)
As well as those, Ian has often given public lectures about The Archers as well as inspiring his students and he regularly contributes commentary tracks to their films, especially for The Criterion Collection.
Other PaPAS members