Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
What did they do in PnP films?
Chris was the cinematographer or operator on the following P&P films:
Those marked with an * are where he was an operator, working under Jack Cardiff as cinematographer. Note how although Chris had gained the rank of cinematographer for The End of the River and other films he gladly went back to work under Jack again for The Red Shoes.
- A Matter of Life and Death (1946) *
- Black Narcissus (1947) *
- The End of the River (1947)
- The Red Shoes (1948) *
- The Small Back Room (1949)
- Gone to Earth (1950)
- The Elusive Pimpernel (1950)
- The Tales of Hoffmann (1951)
- Oh... Rosalinda!! (1955)
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (1955)
- The Battle of the River Plate (1956)
- Ill Met by Moonlight (1957)
- The Boy Who Turned Yellow (1972)
Back to index