Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
What did they do in PnP films?
- The Silver Fleet (1943)
- Kathleen played the Schoolmistress who inspired the children (& Jaap van Leyden) with the tale of Piet Hein
- A Matter of Life and Death (1946)
- Kathleen played the part of the Angel in the Aircrew Section
(She was also holding the garage door open when Dr Reeves went on his last wild ride)
- Black Narcissus (1947)
- In her most memorable and famous role, Kathleen played Sister Ruth, the nun driven mad with lust
- The Small Back Room (1949)
- Kathleen played the female lead of Susan, the stabalising influence on Sammy, the alcoholic bomb-disposal expert
Back to index