Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Reviews of The Phantom Light (1935)
- Fascinating trivia (and any goofs) connected with the film
- All location & studio details known
- Contemporary Review - Monthly Film Bulletin: July 1935
- Contemporary Review - Picture Show: August 10th, 1935
- At the NFT, March 2000
- TV Guide review
- "Radio Times" film guide
- Link to -> BFI ScreenOnline
Includes video clips (restricted access) and stills
- Link to -> The Missing Link review
Includes audio clips
- Link to -> Little Gems - The Phantom Light
Includes screen shots
- Link to -> Festiniog Railway Heritage Group
Includes screen shots of and details about railway scenes at the start
- TCM review of the MPI "Classic British Thrillers" DVD
Pictures from the PaPAS Gallery
Other P&P reviews