Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Contemporary Reviews of A Matter of Life and Death (1946)
- Daily Graphic 2 November 1946
- Daily Mail 2 November 1946
- Daily Worker 2 November 1946
- Unidentified Broadsheet 2 November 1946
- News of the World 3 November 1946
- The Observer 3 November 1946
- Reynold's News 3 November 1946
- Sunday Dispatch 3 November 1946
- Sunday Express 3 November 1946
- Sunday People 3 November 1946
- Time and Tide 9 November 1946
- New York Times 26 December 1946
- Time magazine 30 December 1946
- Film Fare Winter 1946
- Film Reel magazine 1946
- Variety 1946
- The Evening Independent, St Petersburg, Florida - July 1947
- Theatre Arts magazine 1947
- Mysticism and Politics - Review from Kultura i Zhien (Culture and Life) No. 15 (1947)
- The view from Moscow - A Soviet perspective
Comments on the above review from "Our Man in Moscow"
Other P&P reviews