Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Reviews of Ill Met by Moonlight (1957)
aka Night Ambush
- Fascinating trivia (and any goofs) connected with the film
- All location & studio details known
- Round the British Studios - Picture Show, December 8th, 1956
- Contemporary review - What's on in London: 1st February 1957
- Contemporary review - Picture Show: 9th March 1957
- Link to -> Contemporary review - Monthly Film Bulletin: March 1957
- Rank Organisation booklet by the production company
- Review by Peter Richards
- Henry Coombs Reviews
- TV Guide review
- "Radio Times" film guide
- Article - by Peter Richards
- Well met by Sunlight - Comments from the making of the film
- The Cretan Runner - Memories of wartime Crete
- Fermor the Magnificent
- Sir Paddy - A knighthood for Patrick Leigh Fermor
- The league of gentlemen
Did the post-war British feature reveal a crisis in masculinity?
- Words of Mercury - A review of the book by Patrick Leigh Fermor
(The book includes mention of the operation on Crete)
- Link to -> So who was Leigh Fermor?
- Link to -> A review of "Patrick Leigh Fermor - An Adventure" by Artemis Cooper in the Telegraph
Find out about the real "Paddy" behind the character played by Dirk Bogarde in Ill Met by Moonlight
- Link to -> Trailer at IMDb
- Link to -> BFI ScreenOnline
- Link to -> DVD Outsider review by Camus of the Granada boxed set
- Link to -> DVD Savant review of the Hen's Tooth DVD by Glenn Erickson
Pictures from the PaPAS Gallery
Other P&P reviews