Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
The Red Shoes restoration
UCLA Film & Television Archive
Marty & Thelma at Cannes, May 2009
- Cannes 2009 - Screening the restored version of The Red Shoes. Report and pictures
- Cannes 2009 - Visiting La Voile d'Or and the Villa Leopolda. Another report and more pictures
- It takes a village - to make a ballet, to make a film, or to restore one
- Link to -> Scorsese: my friendship with Michael Powell - He fell in love with The Red Shoes aged nine - now Martin Scorsese is bringing a glorious new print to Cannes. He talks about his debt to its director
- Link to -> The Independent - Martin Scorsese: 'The movie that plays in my heart'
- Link to -> Channel 4 News + video interview with Thelma
- Link to -> WireImage photos from the reception
- Link to -> The Guardian Falling in love anew with The Red Shoes + video interview with Thelma
- Link to -> Sight & Sound review/report by Ian Christie
- Link to -> LA Times - The Red Shoes takes a bow at Cannes
- Link to -> LA Times - Some details of the restoration
- Link to -> First Showing.net - Martin Scorsese Preserves Films Through Digital Distribution
- Link to -> Press Conference: Martin Scorsese (audio)
- Link to -> Film Weekly meets Scorsese and Coppola in Cannes - Audio interview with Scorsese & Coppola plus festival summary
- Link to -> Manohla Dargis' review from the New York Times
- Link to -> Scorsese on "The Red Shoes" - "It's cinema as music"
- Pinewood Past - Review of digitally restored print at Cannes
- Link to -> Seeing red: restoring The Red Shoes - Sight & Sound, August 2009
- Link to -> Le Monde - Le film qui a inspiré Coppola, De Palma et Scorsese
- Link to -> Le Matin - Projection à Cannes du chef d'oeuvre restauré "Les chaussons rouges"
- Link to -> Bakchich blog - Cannes: en chaussons rouge
- Link to -> DVDrama - Martin Scorsese en conférence de presse
- Link to -> The Red Shoes Restored print on DVD & Blu-Ray (UK)
- Link to -> The Red Shoes Restored print - an appreciation
- Buy the DVD - Amazon UK
- Buy the Blu-Ray - Amazon UK
Other P&P trips
Other Red Shoes reviews