Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
IKWIG 60th Anniversary
28 - 31 October 2005
By: Steve Crook
The IKWIG Quiz
- How much did Joan pay to bribe Kenny?
- How much were the radio phone calls to Kiloran?
- What is a fèileadh beag (philabeg)?
It's the little kilt
- How long had the Campbells been married?
- Who cursed Moy Castle?
Catriona Maclaine of Erraig
- How far would Catriona swim for £20?
To Glasgow (to Oban for £10)
- What were the 3 ropes made from?
Hemp, flax and the hair of maidens that were true to their lovers
- What sort of rabbit dish was served at Erraig?
Rabbit à la Poonah (curried rabbit)
- How old is Torquil?
33 (he's known Kiloran for 29 years and is 4 years older)
- Which company does Joan work for?
Consolidated Chemical Industries
- How old is Joan?
- How much money does "Daddy darling" give Joan?
- Where had Daddy come from?
Eccleshall (near Stoke)
- How much leave has Torquil got, after how long away?
8 days after 4 years away
- How old is Kenny?
- How old is Bridie?
16 (nearly 17)
- What happens if you count the beams?
Your "wishes will come true" (Torquil to Joan) or "your prayers will be answered" (Catriona to Joan)
- Who is the famous sister of the actress playing Bridie?
- Who is Catriona married to?
- Who was first intended to play Torquil?
- Why couldn't Roger go to Mull?
He was appearing every night (+ matinees) on the West End stage in Peter Ustinov's play "The Banbury Nose"
- Who was first intended to play Joan?
- Why was that a coincidental substitution?
Because Wendy was to have played in Colonel Blimp and was replaced by Deborah
- What did Torquil suggest happened to the wedding dress?
A mermaid will marry in it
- Where does the name Kiloran come from?
From Kiloran Bay on Colonsay, the map of Kiloran on the wall in Catriona's house is the shape of Colonsay
How well did you do?
The winning team at the Western Isles got 24/25 and won a bottle of wine.
Fri 28 Sat 29 Sun 30 Mon 31
Back to index