Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
IKWIG 65th Anniversary Weekend
15th - 17th October 2010, Mull
By: Steve Crook
The IKWIG Quiz
- How much did Joan pay to bribe Kenny?
- How much were the radio phone calls to Kiloran?
- What is a fèileadh beag (philabeg)?
- How long had the Campbells been married?
- What were the names of the dogs that appeared at the Robinson's?
- Who cursed Moy Castle?
- How far would Catriona swim for £20?
- What were the 3 ropes made from?
- What sort of rabbit dish was served at Erraig?
- How old is Torquil?
- Which company does Joan work for?
- How old is Joan?
- How does Catriona feed her dogs?
- How much money does "Daddy darling" give Joan?
- Where had Daddy come from?
- How much leave has Torquil got, after how long away?
- How old is Kenny?
- How old is Bridie?
- What happens if you count the beams?
- Who is the famous sister of the actress playing Bridie?
- Who is Catriona married to?
- Who was first intended to play Torquil?
- Why couldn't Roger go to Mull?
- Who was first intended to play Joan?
- Why was that a coincidental substitution?
- What did Torquil suggest happened to the wedding dress?
- Where does the name Kiloran come from?
- What hasn't Catriona heard for ages
- The song "I Know Where I'm Going" is a traditional folk song, but in which country?
- What was the "round" sung at the Ceildhe?
How many can you answer? You're on your honour to mark them correctly. At the Western Isles we just gave people about a minute to think about each one before reading out the next question.
When you've answered as many as you can you can look at the answers.
Back to index