Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
IKWIG 65th Anniversary Weekend
15th - 17th October 2010, Mull
By: Steve Crook
The IKWIG Quiz
- How much did Joan pay to bribe Kenny?
- How much were the radio phone calls to Kiloran?
- What is a fèileadh beag (philabeg)?
It's the little kilt
- How long had the Campbells been married?
- What were the names of the dogs that appeared at the Robinson's?
Eric & Spangle (Powell's dogs)
- Who cursed Moy Castle?
Catriona Maclaine of Erraig
- How far would Catriona swim for £20?
To Glasgow (to Oban for £10)
- What were the 3 ropes made from?
Hemp, flax and the hair of maidens that were true to their lovers
- What sort of rabbit dish was served at Erraig?
Rabbit à la Poonah (curried rabbit)
- How old is Torquil?
33 (he's known Kiloran for 29 years and is 4 years older)
- Which company does Joan work for?
Consolidated Chemical Industries
- How old is Joan?
- How does Catriona feed her dogs?
"Oh we live off the country. Rabbits, deer, a stray hiker or two."
- How much money does "Daddy darling" give Joan?
- Where had Daddy come from?
Eccleshall (near Stoke)
- How much leave has Torquil got, after how long away?
8 days after 4 years away
- How old is Kenny?
- How old is Bridie?
16 (nearly 17)
- What happens if you count the beams?
Your "wishes will come true" (Torquil to Joan)
or "your prayers will be answered" (Catriona to Joan)
- Who is the famous sister of the actress playing Bridie?
- Who is Catriona married to?
- Who was first intended to play Torquil?
- Why couldn't Roger go to Mull?
He was appearing every night (+ matinees) on the West End stage in
Peter Ustinov's play "The Banbury Nose"
- Who was first intended to play Joan?
- Why was that a coincidental substitution?
Because Wendy was to have played in Colonel Blimp and was replaced by Deborah
- What did Torquil suggest happened to the wedding dress?
A mermaid will marry in it
- Where does the name Kiloran come from?
From Kiloran Bay on Colonsay, the map of Kiloran on the wall in Catriona's
house is the shape of Colonsay
- What hasn't Catriona heard for ages
Intelligent female nonsense (when she takes Joan into the kitchen)
- The song "I Know Where I'm Going" is a traditional folk song, but in which country?
- What was the "round" sung at the Ceildhe?
Macaphee Turn the Cattle
How well did you do? The winning team at the Western Isles got 26/30 and won a print of Tobermory & the Western Isles.
Back to index