Dedicated to the work of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and all the other people, both actors and technicians who helped them make those wonderful films.
A lot of the documents have been sent to me or have come from other web sites. The name of the web site is given where known. If I have unintentionally included an image or document that is copyrighted or that I shouldn't have done then please email me and I'll remove it.
I make no money from this site, it's purely for the love of the films.
[Any comments are by me (Steve Crook) and other members of the email list]
Reviews of Contraband (1940)
- Fascinating trivia (and any goofs) connected with the film
- All location & studio details known
- Contemporary Plot Synopsis Picturegoer and Film Weekly, May 11, 1940
- Contemporary Review Picture Show, May 18th, 1940
- Films of the Golden Age
- Time Out review
- TV Guide review
- "Radio Times" film guide
- The Onion Review
- The sexiest film of 1940?
- Contraband - The Realist School
- Contraband - Powell, Pressburger, Veidt, Hobson, Junge and others by Tony Williams
- Link to -> Contraband: An Interview with David Pierce by Paula Vitaris
- Link to -> Senses of Cinema article by Alexander C. Ives
- Link to -> trailer at Rotten Tomatoes
Pictures from the PaPAS Gallery
Other P&P reviews